YouTube is a free video sharing site where users can upload, view and share videos. YouTube is a video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California. The service was created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005 and has been owned by Google since late 2006. The site allows users to upload, view, and share videos, and it makes use of Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated and corporate media video. Available content includes video clips, TV clips, music videos, and other content such as video blogging, short original videos, and educational videos. Most of the content on YouTube has been uploaded by individuals, but media corporations including CBS, the BBC, Vevo, Hulu, and other organizations offer some of their material via YouTube, as part of the YouTube partnership program. Unregistered users can watch videos, and registered users can upload videos to their channels. Videos considered to contain potentially offensive content are available only to registered users affirming themselves to be at least 18 years old. YouTube, LLC was bought by Google for US$1.65 billion in November 2006 and now operates as a Google subsidiary.
Youtube is one of the world's leading video platforms for educational purposes
Youtube features had increased the degree of User Engagement
(1) Searching Function: A smart search function makes it easy to identify the video you are looking for, and a category search or other advanced search functions allow you to narrow your search even further.
(2) Rating Preview Function: For Ratings, descriptions and screenshot previews: it makes it easier to identify the video you are looking for.
(3) For User Comment: YouTube has a well-established system for collecting and displaying user comments.
(4) Self-regulated user comment system: The comments system is self-regulated by all the YouTube users, too. If a comment is antagonistic, spam or misinforming, YouTube users can vote down the comment so that it does not show up. Other useful comments can also be voted up. for the most part this comment rating system is very useful at weeding out useless, angry or commercial comments.
(5) Customized Playlist: create a customized playlist of favorite videos. This makes it possible to consistently enjoy the videos you like the way you like. YouTube even has an RSS Feed which allows you to get immediate updates on new videos by a specific user or in a specific category..(6)
(6) Video Embedding: YouTube allow user to embed videos on other sites. This means other websites don’t have to host a video file on their own servers; they can simply import the video from YouTube. This has made it far easier and efficient to share YouTube videos in other sites.
(1) All content on YouTube must be shorter than 10 minutes and smaller than 1 gigabyte. This restriction usually poses no problems because the videos on YouTube are usually short.
(2) However, some people still post entire episodes of their favorite movies and TV shows by breaking them up into 10 minute segments. Usually this is done without the permission of the TV networks or movie studios.
(3) YouTube accepts movies in AVI, MOV, WMV and MPG formats. While some other video sharing sites have compatibility with more formats, these four represent the vast majority of amateur videos, making YouTube accessible to all.
(4) When you upload your videos, YouTube converts them to the Adobe Flash format. The Flash version is compatible with more computers because most people already have Flash software on their computers.
(5) YouTube contains videos of all sorts, and this includes content that might be offensive to some people. Fortunately, videos with explicit content are not visible to regular viewers; you must be signed into your YouTube account and verify that you are over 18 years old in order to see it. Other viewers can also post warnings about a video’s content.
Ease of Use
(1) YouTube is supremely easy to use, just need to press Play button, then viewers can view the video.
(2) There are easily accessible controls for volume and screen size.
(3) Comments are located below the video, description to the right and YouTube makes a list of related videos that pertain to the video you are currently watching, just in case you’re looking for something more.
(4) When your video is finished playing YouTube will scroll through some additional suggestions in the viewing pane.
(5) Uploading your own videos is simple and the streamlined process allows you to control comments and add as much information as you wish.
(6) The upload manager makes it easier and faster to upload large files or multiple files at once.
However, Strict filtering functions are needed. There may come out many unwanted videos that affect the users. If there is the provision of functions that set the security levels to restrict those unwanted videos in popping up in our panel, the parents will be willing to let their children to use YouTube by themselves.
Tips for using the product
You can find all your questions about YouTube from the FAQ section of YouTube directly. Easy to use.