New! SPARKvue 2.1 now brings live data sharing to our popular sensor-based data collection, visualization and analysis application for STEM learning. In addition to collecting data on your own iPad, SPARKvue now supports live sharing of sensor data with anyone else--on any other iPad, tablet, Mac or Windows computer.
Capture data from the world around you:
● Connect any of 70+ PASCO sensors via our Bluetooth interfaces--see pH, temperature, force, carbon dioxide level and much more--all in real time!
● Capture images with the integrated cameras and use SPARKvue’s image analysis capabilities
● Collect and display live data using the iPad onboard accelerometer and sound sensors
● Measure and display sensor data in real time
● Display data in a graph, bar graph, analog meter, digits or table
● Build custom displays--mix display types, images, videos, text and assessments
● Analyze data with built-in statistical tools (min, max, mean, standard deviation, count and area)
● Select from 6 different curve fits including linear and quadratic
● Pinch and zoom manipulation of graphs
● Capture and annotate images
● Add videos, photos and GIFs
● Open and perform any of the 60+ SPARKlab interactive lab activities available free online
● Create and export electronic student lab journals
● Integrated with cloud-based file sharing services such as Dropbox and more
● Add assessments including multiple choice, drop down lists, and free text response
● Live data sharing and session sharing across devices--with each student capturing the shared data on their own device for further analysis
Designed for science learning:
● Convenient annotation, snapshot and electronic journaling are among the features supporting peer dialogue, classroom presentations, and assessment.
● With SPARKlab interactive lab activities, teachers can blend instructional content, live data collection & analysis, reflection prompts and more, all completely within the SPARKvue environment. Use PASCO free SPARKlabs or build your own!
Common user experience across platforms:
SPARKvue is a member of PASCO’s SPARKscience family, providing the same user experience across all technology environments:
● interactive whiteboards
No matter what the mix of technology is in the classroom or the school, teachers and students all share the same user experience--placing the learning experience in the forefront and simplifying classroom management.
● 2010 CODiE award, Best Education solution for mobile devices
● 2010 Worlddidac Award for excellence
● 2011 EdNet’s Best for 2011; a “game changer”
Where do I get sensors?
PASCO offers over 70 PASPORT Sensors, including MultiMeasure Sensors such as the Chemistry or Water Quality Sensors, measuring multiple phenomena with just one convenient sensor box. For purchasing information, see pasco.com/iPad.
SPARKvue supports 25 languages. See pasco.com/iPad for details.
SPARKvue has an integrated help system, just a touch away with the help icon. Further assistance with SPARKvue or any PASCO product is available free from PASCO Teacher Support.
PASCO scientific brings a rich history of innovation and support for science education, with 50 years of service to educators around the world.
A tool aims at replacing existing laboratories’ data collecting devices
A sensor-based data collection and analysis app that could be used in science classes. By connecting to PASPORT sensors (also from PASCO ) students could easily measure different data.
It makes the lab lessons much more easier in a bring your own device classroom since it is available in multi-platforms. Data collection, analysis, lab reports could all be done on the same device.
The interactive interface makes learning more fun. Although the app is a bit complicated to use, the built-in guidelines are very clear and easy to follow.
Tips for using the product
Few measurements could be performed without the PASPORT sensors.