PowToon is an online presentation software tool that allows you to create animated video explainers – for business or education. PowToon is a company which sells cloud-based software (SaaS) for creating animated presentations and animated videos. PowToon was founded in January 2012. The company released a beta version in August 2012 and has seen fast subscriber growth since. Powtoon uses an Adobe Flex engine to generate an XML file that can be played in the Powtoon online viewer, exported to YouTube or downloaded as an MP4 file. PowToon is also available on the Google Chrome Store and has an application on Edmodo.com. In December 2012 PowToon secured $600,000 investment from LA based Venture Capital firm Startup Minds. In February 2013 PowToon introduced a free account option allowing users to create animated videos that can be exported to YouTube. The free videos include the PowToon branding.
Powtoon - help teachers and students produce creative animation video for teaching and learning purposes
Powtoon provide tools and platform that support teacher and students' creativity in teaching and learning. It help teachers and students to become more creative, receptive and dynamic in each class.
1. Using interesting and attractive technology increases motivation and engagement
2. Apps that provide immediate feedback causes students to become more competitive and increases their desire to find out the reasons why their response is incorrect.
3. Students create presentations to review material, explain new concepts to their classmates, and to create assessment projects rather than taking tests.
4. Projects often show to teachers the misunderstandings that might not be evident in an assessment.
5. Technology provide a platform for teachers to create adaptive assessments to meet the individual needs of the students.
6. It also allows students a time to be creative, to showcase their growth, to collaborate and develop the computer skills they will need for their future education and career.
7. Using technology provides students with more time to learn and expand their understanding as well as using more real-world examples to help see the significance of their learning.
8. Technology helps teachers to use the most effective instruction and allows students to be active participants, not passive learners.
Not all schools and villages had access to internet connection.
Not all schools had the computer facilities to let every teachers and students to possess their individual laptop, ipad or iphone for learning lessons through animation video.
Tips for using the product
If you would like to use powtoon in teaching and learning. Please look at the Powtoon Quick Start Guide to do your animation video and upload it to share with us in YOUTUBE.