The complete Encyclopaedia Britannica - the world’s most trusted reference source, enhanced for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
“Especially for students, or anyone who values what Britannica has to offer, I found the new Britannica iPad app to be a pleasing, easy way to navigate through a large body of knowledge.”
- Walt Mossberg, All Things Digital
*Search & Browse:
Over 80,000 articles – expertly written and thoroughly fact-checked – on everything from A-Rod to Zebras. Our contributors include over 100 Nobel Laureates plus subject gurus like Bill Clinton, Tony Hawk, and Desmond Tutu.
Photographs, diagrams, and charts help bring each topic to life.
“LinkMap” lets you explore each article with a dynamic view of related topics.
“My Britannica” keeps track of your favorite articles and more.
Free to download. Unlimited content available for a $14.99 annual subscription:
- Length of subscription: 1 Year
- Price of subscription: $14.99
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user s Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication."
A quality experience in finding information from the most trustable encyclopedia
Without restriction of space as the printed version did, the app include massive information that remains up-to-date. While users could browse the app for leisure, the content are rather academic.
Students and researchers could have higher confidence on the articles edited by credential experts, compared to other internet sources.
The interface is easy to understand. There are a “My Britannica” section that stores saved articles, favorites, etc. which makes it more user-friendly when researching for a report. The Link Map function also allows people to have a dynamic view of topics relevant.
It is however suggested to improve the design of user interface. For example, the “tools” tab on the left is quite distracting when reading through an article.
Tips for using the product
There is an instruction video on Youtube to teach how to use the app.